Spot Removal Steps San Bernardino
1. Act Quickly! Most of the carpeting available in San Bernardino today has already been treated with a stain-resistant treatment, so many spills can be removed if immediate action is taken. The longer the you wait to treat the spill, the higher the likelihood of a spill becoming a permanent stain. Remember that staining can be influenced by several factors, and no carpet is completely stain proof.
2. Blot liquids with an absorbent, dry, white or paper toweling with no printing.
3. Do not scrub the area! Scrubbing the affected area may cause pile distortion to the location. Continue to use paper towels or a dry cloth until the area is completely dry. For semi-solid spills, gently scrape up what you can with a rounded spoon. Solid spills should be broken up and vacuumed until they are removed completely. If the spot can be identified, locate the substance in the spot removal computer and follow the directions carefully.
4. Pretest any spot removal agent in an inconspicuous area to be sure that the cleaning solution won’t damage the carpet fiber or the dye. After applying several drops to the testing area, hold down a dry, white cloth to the wet area for 10 seconds. Examine the carpet and cloth for any color change, color transfer, or damage to the carpet. If a change does occur, then you should choose another cleaning solution to try.
5. Apply a small amount of the selected cleaning solution to a dry, white cloth and gently work it in.
6. Work from the edges of the spill to the center to prevent the spill from spreading. Do not scrub the affected area! Blot to absorb as much of the stain as possible and repeat if necessary.
7. Continue using the first cleaning solution as long as there is a transfer of the spill to the cloth. It is not necessary to use all of the cleaning solutions if the first solution successfully removes the spill.
8. Be patient! Completely removing the spill may require repeating the same step several times. Do not continue to step 9 until the stain has been completely removed.
9. Rinse the affected area thoroughly with cold water, and blot dry with an absorbent cloth until all of the solution has been removed. Some cleaning solutions will cause rapid soiling if the solution is not completely removed.
10. Apply a one-half inch layer of white paper towels to the affected area, and weigh down with a flat, heavy object. Continue to change paper towels as needed. A dry, absorbent, cleaning compound may also be used as a substitute to accelerate drying time.
Arm your home with Chem-Dry World Famous® Spot Remover for Water-Based Spills and World Famous® Grease & Oil Remover for oil-based spots. Call Century Chem-Dry in San Bernardino, CA today at (951) 247-1257 to order with your next cleaning.
For more detailed information on a specific spill, please call Century Chem-Dry in San Bernardino, CA at (951) 247-1257 to see how we can help. Many fiber manufacturers also provide toll-free cleaning assistance and advice.
- Carpet Care Tips San Bernardino
- Basic Rug Care San Bernardino
- Filtration Soiling San Bernardino
- Spot Removal Steps San Bernardino
- Urine Odor Removal Tips San Bernardino
- Wool Carpet Care Tips San Bernardino
Clean & Protect (Up to $200 in savings.)50% off protectant with any deep cleaningCoupon Code, Prot3ctExpires: not valid with other coupons. HCE Cleaning Method.Century Chem-Dry