Wool Carpet Care Tips
One of the most critical areas of good carpet maintenance is the quick removal of spots and spills. It is of extreme importance to act quickly and efficiently when anything is spilled or dropped, and to always have the appropriate cleaning materials close by. Century Chem-Dry servicing Fontana, CA only uses professional cleaning agents specifically designed for use with the wool carpets in your home.
Frequent vacuuming is a wool carpet’s best friend.
- An upright vacuum with a beater bar/brush is the best type for cut pile carpet. A suction-only vacuum is generally required for loop pile Berber carpets to prevent any excessive fuzzing. Your vacuum cleaner dust bag should be emptied when its half full to prevent any excess dust particles from falling onto your wool carpets.
- Exercise prevention maintenance by placing absorbent rugs or mats at the most frequently used entrances to your Fontana, CA home. Change or wash these rugs or mats when they become dirty. The filters in your heating and air conditioning systems should be changed regularly to maximize the amount of dust and dirt particles that are removed by the filter, to reduce the amount that fall onto your carpets.
- Periodically clean heavily used traffic lanes and the areas in front of frequently used sofas and chairs.
- Keep absorbent cloths or paper towels and carpet cleaning solutions on hand for quick responses to accidents and spills.
- DO NOT apply stain repellent treatments which contain any silicone as they tend to accelerate carpet soiling. (Some carpet manufacturers do not accept responsibility for complaints where such treatments have been used.) When having your wool carpets professionally cleaned by the highly-trained technicians at Century Chem-Dry in Fontana, CA, ask about our specialty Wool Safe® products and how they can benefit the wool carpets in your home.
- Carpet Care Tips
- Basic Rug Care
- Filtration Soiling
- Spot Removal Steps
- Urine Odor Removal Tips
- Wool Carpet Care Tips
Clean & Protect (Up to $200 in savings.)50% off protectant with any deep cleaningCoupon Code, Prot3ctExpires: not valid with other coupons. HCE Cleaning Method.Century Chem-Dry