Pet Odor Removal
Urine in carpeting is a severe problem that requires major restoration work, not just simple cleaning and treating. But now with the revolutionary P.U.R.T.® product your most severe urine damaged areas can be saved. P.U.R.T.® is a revolutionary new product specially formulated to eliminate urine odors. This product has shown excellent results on even the most severe urine damage.
Urine in carpeting is a severe problem that can sometimes require major restoration work, not just simple cleaning and treating. But now, with Century Chem-Dry‘s Pet Urine Removal Treatment (P.U.R.T.®), your most severe urine soaked areas can be saved. P.U.R.T.® is a revolutionary process specially formulated to eliminate urine odors forever. This product has shown excellent results on even the most severe urine and other odor-causing spots by working to stop the smell at its source instead of simply masking the odor.
Facts You Need To Know About Pet Urine In Your Carpeting:
Urine deposited on carpet does not stay there, it penetrates the ﬁbers and contaminates both the backing of the carpet and the ﬂooring material below the carpet. Too often, and without you knowing, pets will urinate continually in the same general location. Urine odors can permeate from the ﬂoor, be it cement or wood, from the tack strip, and even from the framework of the house behind the walls.
As the urine dries, the liquid evaporates but the urine crystals become even more concentrated and pungent. Simple cleaning will not remove this odor. Until recently, there was not a product available that was effective at removing urine odors.
When P.U.R.T.® contacts the source of the odor, it immediately begins a chemical reaction that destroys the urine odor.
How P.U.R.T.® Works
- The source and severity of the odor are determined, then the carpet will be rinsed and extracted with a hot water rinse to remove the bulk of the urine crystals.
- In worst cases, the carpet is pulled back in the suspected areas to reveal the extent of the damage.*
- If necessary, the pad will be removed and replaced.*
- An odor blocking shellac may be applied to the sub-floor if determined necessary.*
- P.U.R.T.® will then be applied heavily to the tack strip, the sub ﬂoor, the baseboards and the carpet backing. It is necessary to apply this product heavily enough to dampen all areas affected by the urine. *
- Over the next 24 to 36 hours, the ingredients in P.U.R.T.® will react with the urine, and break down the odor causing components.
*Additional charges based on your unique situation will apply for services. Please call Century Chem-Dry to learn more about P.U.R.T.® at (951) 247-1257.
*Based on studies conducted by independent laboratories of Chem-Dry’s HCE (Hot Carbonating Extraction), P.U.R.T. (Pet Urine Removal Treatment), Granite Countertop Renewal, and Tile, Stone & Grout cleaning processes. Allergens tested were dog and cat dander and dust mite allergen. Pet odor results based on testing with the most common odor sources found in dog and cat urine. Pet urine bacteria results based on Chem-Dry’s HCE cleaning process and a sanitizer, combined with P.U.R.T. All bacteria results include use of sanitizer. Figures are an average across multiple tests.