Basic Rug Care in Rialto
Rugs deserve the same care as wall-to-wall carpet and, in some cases, require special attention.
- Washing rugs : If you have a smaller rug that needs to be cleaned, check the label to verify that it can safely be washed in your own washing machine. Before cleaning it, shake the rug outside first and then put it in the washing machine with a mild detergent and at the recommended temperature, which is typically between 90 and 105 degrees. Tumble dry your rug at the lowest heat setting possible.
- Beating larger rugs : If your larger rug is easy to pick up, shake it outside first; then put it over a clothesline and beat it out. Next, take the rug inside and vacuum it thoroughly. If the label says the rug should be dry cleaned only, then save yourself the time and frustration, and call the rug cleaning specialists at Century Chem-Dry. Trust your rugs of all types with Century Chem-Dry‘s technicians who have been trained as Area Rug Experts for all off-site cleaning .
- Vacuuming area rugs : Area rugs with fringe require a special cleaning technique. Use gentle suction with your vacuum, and start from the center of the rug, vacuuming toward the fringe and being careful to not catch the strands in the beater bar. Then lift the edge of the rug to vacuum underneath the fringe.
- Caring for Oriental, Turkish or Persian rugs : Clean imported rugs according to your carpet manufacturer’s specifications or bring in a professional cleaning service. Always be gentle with the fringe of your valuable rug. For heirloom-type rugs, you will need our professionals. Call Century Chem-Dry in Rialto, CA at (951) 247-1257 to learn more about their Expert Area Rug cleaning services.
- Carpet Care Tips in Rialto
- Basic Rug Care in Rialto
- Filtration Soiling in Rialto
- Spot Removal Steps in Rialto
- Urine Odor Removal Tips in Rialto
- Wool Carpet Care Tips in Rialto
Clean & Protect (Up to $200 in savings.)50% off protectant with any deep cleaningCoupon Code, Prot3ctExpires: not valid with other coupons. HCE Cleaning Method.Century Chem-Dry